OUR MISSION….. ACHIEVE POLITICAL, EDUCATIONAL, SOCIAL, and ECONOMIC JUSTICE.
Pike County NAACP
Pike County NAACP 5th Annual Freedom Fund Banquet will be held Saturday, October 23, 2021, 6:00 PM at Troy University Ball Room. The speaker will be Dr. Adia Winfrey. Tickets are $35 for members and $40 for non-members. Tables can be purchased for $1000 Platinum, $500 Gold, or regular reserved for $350. For information contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (334) 372-2668/(334) 372-4520.
Purchase Tickets for Banquet Online
NAACP General Meetings
beginning September 11, 2021
(2nd Saturdays @9am)
Address: Midcostal Tech
111 N. Main Street | Brundidge, AL 36010
See Calendar for Info.
Click Here to go to Calendar
Join E-mail list
E-mail Us At
Founded in 1909, NAACP was one of the earliest and most influential civil rights organization:
- Focused on legal strategies designed to confront critical civil rights issues of the day
- Called for federal anti-lynching laws and coordinated a series of challenges to state-sponsored segregation in public schools
- Landmark 1954 Supreme Court decision in Brown v. Board of Education, which declared the doctrine of “separate but equal” to be unconstitutional.
- Co-organized the 1963 March on Washington
- Lobbied for legislation that resulted in the 1964 Civil Rights Act and 1965 Voting Act