OUR MISSION….. ACHIEVE POLITICAL, EDUCATIONAL, SOCIAL, and ECONOMIC JUSTICE.
Join E-mail list
E-mail Us At
Founded in 1909, NAACP was one of the earliest and most influential civil rights organization:
- Focused on legal strategies designed to confront critical civil rights issues of the day
- Called for federal anti-lynching laws and coordinated a series of challenges to state-sponsored segregation in public schools
- Landmark 1954 Supreme Court decision in Brown v. Board of Education, which declared the doctrine of “separate but equal” to be unconstitutional.
- Co-organized the 1963 March on Washington
- Lobbied for legislation that resulted in the 1964 Civil Rights Act and 1965 Voting Act